Effective date: August 6, 2018
Altom Consulting SRL (“us”, “we”, or “our”, “Altom”), with registered office in Cluj-Napoca, 34, Traian Street, Floor 4-5, Cluj County, Trade Register Office registration number J12/2808/2008, tax identification number 24111715, operates the https://bbst.courses website and the BBST® courses purchased from there (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Service is the https://bbst.courses website operated by Altom Consulting SRL
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Invoicing and contact addresses
- Telephone number
- Bank details: account number, bank name
- Cookies and Usage Data
As Data Controller, we ensure you that each category of data will be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and will not be processed in a way incompatible with these purposes and will be stored for a period not exceeding the time required to meet the purposes for which they are processed.
Newsletter – Direct Marketing
Subscribing and un-subscribing to the newsletter on https://bbst.courses is free and voluntary and it is solely based on your consent.
If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, in order to ensure the marketing activities, we collect your e-mail address, surname and forename. These data will be used exclusively to keep you informed about our products, services and offers. The basis for processing your personal data is your consent, the length of the processing being the entire duration of the consent.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Consent can be withdrawn at any time by email sent to email@example.com or by accessing the unsubscribe link and will result in the termination of processing. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal.
Purchase of the Services offered by Altom
When completing and finalizing the order form for the selected package, we request and collect your first name and last name, the invoicing address, the phone number, your email and IP address.
This personal data is required for contract purposes to be able to meet your order. The basis of processing is the contractual obligation between the Parties as set forth in the Terms and Conditions. If you disagree with processing your data, Altom will not be able to deliver the services you have purchased.
Additionally, your personal data is required to complete and deliver the invoices for the purchased products and to create your account on the e-learning platform.
Your online payment data will not be accessible and will not be stored by Altom, but only by the electronic payments service provider or any other entity authorized to provide card identification data storage services, on which identity you will be informed prior to entering your card details for the online payment.
For direct bank transfer payments, Altom will only record the bank account number and the Bank name, required to issue the invoice.
Your name will be displayed on the completion certificate that Altom provides when you have successfully completed the course. Your certificate is hosted at a unique public link that is not indexed and it’s communicated only to only. This will give you the option to demonstrate that you have completed the course. At the same time, you can add the diploma to your LinkedIn profile using this URL.
Your personal data will be retained throughout the contractual relationship and for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase of the last product according to the applicable law.
Regarding the nature of the Service we offer, because we want to improve the quality of our courses, we inform you that in relation to the courses you have purchased from our website, Altom keeps and processes your data with your personal email address, and the answers you gave to the assignments of your purchased courses for a period of 10 years.
Altom processes these data exclusively for scientific research and statistical purposes. The basis for the processing of these data is the legitimate interest of Altom. Your personal data will not be used for other purposes.
We reassure you that your data is processed safely, taking all the technical and organizational measures to ensure the security and minimization of the processed data.
Your personal data mentioned above will be disclosed to Kaner, Fiedler, & Associates and other trainers we collaborate with, who are brought to your information when acquiring the course, with which we have a contractual relationship and which, due to their professional training, help us to improve and develop to the highest standards the courses we offer.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use on our bbst.courses website:
- Necessary Cookies. We use Woocommerce cookies to ensure the functionality of our shopping cart and CookieBot to provide you with cookie settings and consent.
- Customer Interaction Cookies. Customer Interaction cookies enable live chat functionality of the website provided by third-party software Tawk.
- Statistics Cookies. We use Google Analytics to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing Cookies. We use marketing cookies to tailor the ads you see on other sites.
Use of Data
Altom uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- For scientific research and statistical purposes.
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To provide a course completion certificate that attests that you have successfully completed the course.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Altom may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Altom will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Romania and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Romania and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Altom may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Altom may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Altom
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Disclosure for the Performance of Contractual Obligations
In order to provide our services in a timely manner and in compliance with the undertaken obligations, your personal data will be disclosed to our trusted, carefully select Data Processors:
- the data server service provider on external servers located in the United States of America;
- the e-learning platform provider located in the United States of America;
- the accounting service provider;
- the e-mail communication and mailing service provider – MailChimp platform;
- the instructors from the course;
- Kaner, Fiedler, & Associates that is the owner of the course material, helps us in delivering the course, performs instructor specific tasks and works on improving the course materials
- Amazon for book ordering and couriers with whom we have a contractual relationship;
- online payment processors.
Disclosure of Student Performance Information
Altom respects the privacy rights of our course participants. With the following three exceptions, Altom and Kaner, Fiedler, & Associates will not disclose the personal or academic information contained in the records of individuals who attend our classes:
- If your employer pays for a BBST class from Altom, we will disclose to your employer that you successfully completed a class or that you did not successfully complete a class. In the second instance, we will also disclose the date of your last significant participation in the class. If your employer places the majority of students in a class, we may discuss the specifics of individual performance if asked about them by the employer. If this class is provided by special arrangement with your employer, we may allow the employer to monitor discussions in the class, for example by giving a manager designated by your employer teacher-level visibility into student activities.
- If you describe your experiences in the course with third parties and your descriptions could be reasonably interpreted as critical of the performance or fairness of any of the instructors, the instructor is entitled to respond and disclose relevant information about your conduct or performance in class.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The 2016/679/UE regulation grants you the following additional rights, as data subjects:
– right of access to your personal data: you may request from us the categories of personal data that are being processed, the purpose of the processing, the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of an automated decision-making, including profiling;
– right to rectification: you have the right to request rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed. We will communicate any such rectification to each recipient that has received inaccurate personal data, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort;
– right to restriction of processing: you have the right to request restriction of processing where one of the following applies: if you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data; if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead; if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; if you have objected to the processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override yours;
– right to erasure: you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data if they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; if you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing; if you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; the personal data have been unlawfully processed; the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation; the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services;
– right to data portability: you will have the right to obtain the transfer of the personal data to another controller if the processing is based on consent and if the processing is carried out by automated means;
– right to object: you have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, case in which your personal data will be erased;
– right to oppose to being subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
All these rights may be exercised by sending us, in our capacity of controller, a request in this regard.
Should you consider that your rights have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Contact person: Oana Casapu
- By email: contact’at’bbst.courses
- By phone number: +40 371 426 297