The BBST series was created as a sequence of courses, with each one building on skills introduced in the former. This is why the Foundations course is a prerequisite for the Bug Advocacy course and the Test Design course.
Going through the three courses in this package will teach you to:
- Use test strategies in your work – the first course in the series aims to give you a healthy mind frame, wherein testing is done in accordance with the mission of the project
- Tackle the four critical challenges in software testing – choose the right tests, determine if a program has passed the test, measure how thoroughly you’ve tested the program, know when to stop testing
- Develop skills in effective bug reporting – gain technical skills that help you to investigate better the bugs discovered, such as troubleshooting failures and isolating failure-producing configurations.
- Know how to get the right bugs fixed – learn to spot the details that make a report more persuasive and understanding excuses for not fixing bugs.
- Have a solid foundation for context-appropriate test planning – you will have practical experience with functional testing and tours, risk-based testing, spec-based testing, scenario testing, domain testing, and multivariable testing.
- Gain powerful skills, not just knowledge – gain competence through extensive practice with real-world applications, learning different testing techniques.